This Module explains what cybersecurity is and why the demand for cybersecurity professionals is growing. It explains what your online identity and data is, where it is, and why it is of interest to cyber criminals.
This Module also discusses what organizational data is, and why it must be protected. It discusses who the cyber attackers are and what they want. Cybersecurity professionals must have the same skills as the cyber attackers, but cybersecurity professionals must work within the bounds of the local, national and international law. Cybersecurity professionals must also use their skills ethically.
Also included in this module is content that briefly explains cyber warfare and why nations and governments need cybersecurity professionals to help protect their citizens and infrastructure.
What Will You Learn?
- What Will I Learn?
- You'll Learn These Core Skills:
- Learn what cybersecurity is and its potential impact to you.
- Understand the most common threats, attacks and vulnerabilities.
- Gain insights for how businesses protect their operations from attacks.
- Find the latest job trends and why cybersecurity continues to grow.
- Certificate of Completion