Digital Forensics Essentials
Computer forensics is a vital field in the realm of digital technology and law enforcement. With the proliferation of digital devices, the need for professionals who can investigate digital crime scenes has increased dramatically. Computer forensics involves the collection, preservation, analysis, and presentation of digital evidence in a manner that can be presented in a court of law.
This branch of forensics is multidisciplinary, incorporating computer science, law, and criminal justice. The main objective of computer forensics is to identify, preserve, and analyze electronic data in a way that maintains its integrity and authenticity. This data could be anything from emails, text messages, social media posts, images, videos, and audio recordings, to system logs, internet search history, and network traffic.
Computer forensics specialists are tasked with recovering data that has been intentionally or accidentally deleted, as well as identifying and tracking down cybercriminals who engage in fraud, data theft, and other cybercrimes. In addition, computer forensics plays a critical role in investigating cases of corporate espionage, intellectual property theft, and other digital crimes.
As technology continues to evolve, so do the tools and techniques used in computer forensics investigations. It is essential for computer forensics professionals to stay current with the latest trends and practices in order to remain effective in their work.
What Will You Learn?
- Fundamental concepts of computer forensics
- Computer forensics investigation process and its phases
- Types of disk drives, their characteristics, logical structure, and various OS booting processes
- Data acquisition concepts, types, format, and methodology
- Anti-forensics techniques and countermeasures
- Windows, Linux, and MAC forensics
- Network forensics fundamentals, event correlation, and network traffic investigation
- Investigating web and email attacks
- Dark web and TOR browser forensics
- Malware forensics
Module 1 – Computer Forensic Fundamentals
Introduction to Computer Forensics00:00
Module 2 – Computer Forensic Investigation Process
Computer Forensic Investigation Process00:00